FATF President Vladimir Nechaev presented his objectives for the Russian Plenary year (July 2013 - June 2014) to the FATF Plenary in June.
Main tasks for the FATF in 2013-2014, in line with the Ministerial Mandate of 20 April 2012:
- Promoting and facilitating effective implementation of the revised Recommendations.
- Starting the fourth round of mutual evaluations, including the training for the evaluators on the use of the Methodology.
- Further developing the global network of the FATF in collaboration with the FATF-Style Regional Bodies (FSRBs) and the relevant international organisations, especially assisting the FSRBs in their preparations for the new round of their mutual evaluations.
- Working towards better synergy with the Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units.
- Enhancing communication and engagement with the private sector and civil society.
- Continuing assessment of risks and new threats to the integrity of the global financial system.
- Assisting in initiatives concerning Financial Inclusion.
- Further engagement with G20 on the issue of corruption.
- Refining the FATF’s organisational and working methods to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
Objectives for FATF XXV (2013-2014)- Paper by the incoming President