The objectives of MENAFATF are to:
- To adopt and implement the FATF 40 Recommendations on combating money laundering and financing of terrorism and proliferation;
- To implement the relevant UN treaties and agreements and United Nations Security Council Resolutions;
- To co-operate among each other to raise compliance with these standards within the MENA Region and to cooperate with other international and regional organizations, institutions and agencies to improve compliance worldwide;
- To work jointly to identify issues of regional nature related to money laundering and terrorist financing, and to share relevant experiences and to develop solutions for dealing with them; and
- To take measures throughout the region to effectively combat money laundering and terrorist financing in a way that does not contradict with the cultural values, constitutional frameworks and legal systems in the member countries.
For more information about MENAFATF's members subject to its assessment process (in line with the FATF Universal Procedures) as well as observers and other bodies involved in their work, please consult their website at: