On Sunday 16 February, more than 800 representatives from 205 countries and jurisdictions around the world, the IMF, UN, World Bank and other organisations, will arrive for FATF Week in Paris, France. Six days of meetings will focus on global action to follow the money that fuels crime and terrorism and reduce the harm caused to people and society.
FATF Week will conclude with the Plenary, from 19 February. Among the important issues to be discussed are:
• Assessments of measures by Korea and the United Arab Emirates to combat money laundering and terrorist financing.
• Progress by Iran, Pakistan and other countries that present a risk to the financial system.
• The progress of an FATF initiative to combat financial flows from the illegal wildlife trade.
• Publishing a guidance paper on digital identity.
• Developments in the financing of ISIL, Al-Qaeda and Affiliates.
For further information, journalists can contact email@example.com.