Paris, 16 March 2018 – The FATF published its report to the March 2018 G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors' meeting.
The report sets out FATF’s ongoing work to fight money laundering and terrorist financing, and in particular in the following areas:
- Strengthening its institutional basis, governance and capacity
- Countering the financing of terrorism
- Countering the financing of proliferation
- Improving transparency and the availability of beneficial ownership information
- Supporting financial inclusion and access to regulated financial services
- Bank de-risking and the impact on remittances
- Improving the effectiveness of the criminal justice system: FATF engagement with judges and prosecutors
- FinTech, RegTech & virtual currencies: risks and opportunities
The report provides an overview of the FATF’s recent and future work in these areas.