FATF President Xiangmin Liu presented his objectives for the Chinese Plenary year (July 2019 - June 2020) to the June 2019 Plenary Meeting in Orlando.
During the Chinese Plenary year the FATF will prioritise activity in the following areas:
- Conducting a strategic review
- Mitigating the risks and exploiting the opportunities of new technologies
- Promoting and enabling more effective supervision by national authorities
- Other objectives:
- Strengthen coordination and capacity for training on the FATF standards throughout the FATF Global Network
- Action on illegal trafficking in wildlife.
- Develop and issue best practices on beneficial ownership.