Paris, 18 July 2018 - The FATF published its report
to the July 2018 G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors' meeting.
The report sets out FATF’s ongoing work to fight money laundering and terrorist financing, and in particular in the following areas:
- FATF’s work programme on virtual currencies/crypto assets, including money laundering and terrorist financing risks of virtual currencies/crypto assets, the regulatory environment for virtual currencies/crypto assets, revision of global standards and guidance and improving operational capacity
- Countering the financing of proliferation of weapons of mass destruction
- Countering the financing of terrorism
- Improving transparency and the availability of beneficial ownership information
- Improving the effectiveness of the criminal justice system: FATF engagement with judges and prosecutors
- FinTech, RegTech: digital identity
The report provides an overview of the FATF’s recent and future work in these areas.